Thursday, September 19, 2013

Washington Navy Yard shooter: Cathleen Alexis’ full statement to the media, ‘It’s not about me’



The Washington Yard shooter's mother has not left her apartment since her son, Aaron Alexis, shot 12 innocent people. 

Supported by two bishops, she spoke to one reporter and read a statement that expresses her deep apology to the families of the victims of the Washington Yard shooting. 

When asked how she was handling the Washington Yard shooting incident, her response was "it's not about me."

Here are some of Cathleen Alexis' additional words:

"Our son Aaron Alexis has murdered 12 people and wounded several others. His actions have had a profound and everlasting effect on the families of the victims. I don't know why he did what he did and I'll never be able to ask him why. Aaron is now in a place where he can no longer do harm to anyone and for that I am glad. To the families of the victims I am so, so very sorry that this happened. My heart is broken."

Cathleen Alexis full statement was provided by CNN in the above video.