Friday, July 26, 2013

San Diego’s Mayor Bob Filner refuses to resign: ‘On August 5, I will be entering a counseling clinic to undergo two weeks of intensive therapy’ (Video)


Mayor Bob Filner said in a news conference in San Diego on Friday, July 26, 2013, that he will take two weeks off for therapy. "On August 5, I will be entering a counseling clinic to undergo two weeks of intensive therapy.”

Here are some excerpts from his speech and insights provided by San Diego’s 10News:
As soon as he [Bob Filner] made that remark, a sound system failure occurred and the mayor was unable to continue. He stood at the podium for a couple of minutes waiting to see if the problem could be resolved.
It could not, and he left. He returned a few minutes later, and started over.
“I must take responsibility,” the mayor said, calling his behavior inexcusable. “I apologize to the people of San Diego.”
The mayor said it was “not acceptable for me to explain my conduct as standards for a different generation.”
He said he will be at the clinic full-time, and will be briefed every morning and evening on city business.
Filner said this was "just the first step to ongoing counseling. ... I must become a better person,” he said, and added he hopes he will be forgiven one day.
He will return on August 19, and his focus will be on being “the best mayor I can be, and the best person I must be.”

Clearly a sign – Mayor Bob Filner has no intent to resign.


Related articles: